The Los Poblanos land was originally inhabited by the Ancestral Pueblo Indians in the 14th century. Many of the original settlers in this area were thought to have come from Puebla, Mexico, a citizen of which is called a “Poblano.” The land became part of the Elena Gallegos land grant around 1716. The original ranch land was owned by Ambrosio and Juan Cristobal Armijo through the 19th century but was reassembled by Albert and Ruth Simms in the 1930s.
"We perpetuate the agricultural history by maintaining an active organic farm by cultivating lavender. The original residence now serves as an award winning historic inn; and the cultural center operates as it was originally intended – hosting meetings, parties, educational and cultural events."